Top Natural Ways to Get Lots and Lots of Vitamin C, Even If Your Local Pharmacy Has Run Out of It
The debate around whether Vitamin C can protect us from the infection doing the rounds in this pandemic aside, science stands strong behind the fact that Ascorbic Acid (AA) is required by human beings to maintain normal physiological function.
Research agrees that Vitamin C is key in:
- Converting cholesterol into bile acids, thereby regulating the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Aiding and boosting the absorption of iron in the gut, by reducing ferric to the ferrous state. In fact, some sources conclude that a healthy intake of Vitamin C can actually help you get more benefits out of your leafy green vegetables.
- Protecting the body from the negative impact of free radicals. It is a known antioxidant and has inspired several holistic treatments where patients of chronic and acute diseases are given mega doses of Vitamin C to support their recovery.
It’s Good For You. But Why Do You Need Vitamin C Supplements?
There are two types of vitamins - water-soluble and fat-soluble.
Vitamin C, or (AA) happens to be a water-soluble vitamin. What this means is your body has a harder time storing it than fat-soluble variants, unlike Vitamin D.
So you need to ensure that you do not suffer from its deficiency, especially if your diet is not the most balanced and does not include as many fruits and vegetables as it should.
Will Vitamin C protect you from all the viruses out there? That’s not the point.
It is one of the important sentinels guarding your immunity, and boosting that is always a great idea.
If you’re looking to dose up on Vitamin C, but your local pharmacy is fresh out… keep reading.
We have a list of ways you can meet the need, right from your refrigerator.
Top 3 Natural Ways to Get More Vitamin C
- Fall in love with cruciferous vegetables. Kale has stormed the culinary world of the health-conscious, but the humble Brussel sprouts and cauliflower are not to be trifled with. You can add a side of cruciferous veggies to your lunch and dinner. Here is a super simple chart detailing the Vitamin C content of the most common cruciferous vegetables (or super veggies).
- Citrus fruits may be overrated. Here’s a little secret. Kiwi and Papaya both have more Vitamin C content than the hyped citruses. The myth of drinking orange juice when sick to help fight the cold is false. Most orange juices are pasteurized, increasing the sugar content and lowering the amount of any vitamins in the juice. So skip the orange juice and eat Papaya or Kiwi. Here is an amazing salad you can rustle up with them.
- Ever thought of drinking more electrolytes? Minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus - all support optimal Vitamin C functioning in the body. They enhance the functionality of the Vitamin C that you do have in your body. You tend to lose electrolytes as you sweat. Ensuring you regularly replenish their supply creates a positive chain with the Vitamin C you derive from your diet.
How do you make sure you get your Vitamin C doses right?
If you are looking for a premium Vitamin C supplement that works, Healing Blends Global is proud to have Liquid C in stock.
Bonus: See what Dr. Ware says about Vitamin C in this video!